Add the delicious taste of smoked hoki to an old classic
- 700g ahia freshly smoked hoki, flaked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger
- 2 bay leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh mint
- knob of butter
- small pottle of natural yoghurt
- In a pan, sweat off the onion, garlic, ginger,bay leaves and butter. Then add the juice and zestof a lemon, curry powder and mustard seeds.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes then add the rice, hoki, tomatoes and coriander.
- Cook for 5 minutes then fold through the choppedboiled eggs.
- Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt and sprinkle with fresh mint.